Mary's Springs High School
Fond du Lac, Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin
Several ghost web sites erroneously refer to it as a seminary.
St. Mary's Springs High School is a
private Catholic, coeducational, college preparatory high school
owned by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee. It was founded by
the Sisters of St. Agnes in 1909.
first building built on the site, Boyle Hall, was constructed in
1901 and still stands. It was used as a sanitarium, along
with St. Agnes Hall until 1909 when it was converted into a
boarding school for girls. The school, though run by the
Sisters of St. Agnes, became affiliated with Catholic University
of America in 1915 and then became known as St. Mary's Springs
Academy. The main building, now known as the
Administration Building was constructed in 1928. In 1939,
St. Mary's Springs Academy revised its mission and opened its
doors to young men. In 1956 boarding facilities were
discontinued. In 1970 the school became jointly sponsored
by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee as well as the Congregation of
St. Agnes. In the same year the school's name was changed
to St. Mary's Springs High School. Sponsorship of the
school by the Congregation of St. Agnes ended in 1985, but nuns
continue to teach in the school today.
have been unable to verify the story about the nun and the baby.