HOME  CONTACT US  MESSAGE BOARD 

Sacred Heart Hospital

Location: Eau Claire, Eau Claire County, Wisconsin
Address: Sacred Heart Hospital, 900 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, 54701-5105

The Reputed Phenomena: 

Hospital staff have reportedly seen apparitions.

 

The Investigation:  

On October 7th, 1889 two Hospital Sisters of Saint Francis came from their motherhouse in Springfield Illinois to establish a hospital in Eau Claire .  Their work began in the home of Mrs. J. Fitzpatrick located on Putnam Street .  In the spring, a three story building was constructed facing North Dewey Street .  The new hospital could hold 50 patients and served over 275 patients in its first year. On July 28th, 1890 Articles of Incorporation for the Hospital were sent off to Madison .  These papers were acknowledged on August 1 under the title of the “Hospital of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of the Sisters of St. Francis.”

 By 1901 the hospital’s patient load reached 666.  Due to increased patient loads, a second unit of the hospital was constructed in 1912.  In August of 1917 the hospital opened the School of Nursing .  The first class of seven, graduated on August 26th, 1920 . An addition was added to the school in 1924 and in 1926 a new wing housing 120 beds was added. In the 1930’s the sisters remodeled the original building and completed the maternity and children’s section of the hospital.

In 1937 the School of Nursing was discontinued in favor of enlarged technical departments due to advances in the radiology, pathology, and bacteriology departments.  In 1962 Sister Clarine purchased land on Clairemont Avenue for the new hospital. On December 14, 1964 , patients and personnel moved into the new facility.

We are currently seeking individuals who have had firsthand paranormal experiences at the hospital.


Designed by Terry Fisk
Copyright © Unexplained Research. All rights reserved.
Revised: September 28, 2004