cemetery was established in 1843 and the early Cedarburg
pioneers are buried here. The last burial was in
1869. The plaque on the stone near the fence reads:
"the rude forefathers of the hamlet sleep." --Gray
land was dedicated for use as a cemetery by the Trinity Lutheran
Church in 1844. Due to the rocky nature of the land,
burial here was discontinued in 1898. The Cedarburg Common
Council in 1966 voted to purchase this historic resting place.