Allen D. Cameron
(b. January 22, 1842),
a prominent lumber baron from Canada, built the house at a cost over $10,000 in 1884.
On September 26, 1907, he died of heat stroke in the upstairs bedroom. His funeral was
held in the area of the downstairs bedroom (in the southeast
corner of the house), which was once the parlor. This is the
room where most of the haunting activity occurs.
Allen Cameron is
buried in the Lakeview Cemetery in Eau Claire.